Monday, December 15, 2014

Mini Peanut Butter And Macadamia Nut Cookies




Who loves cookies besides the "Cookie Monster"? I do! I do! Don't we all? I have found if I bake smaller portions I eat smaller portions. I also have found if I freeze the correct portion sizes, when I take them out to eat, I am more likely not to overeat.

While trying not to gain weight with all the sweets that we are surrounded with during the holidays, I have been on the hunt for foods that I love, and that can be made into smaller portions so that I am not tempted to overindulgence while pacifying my sweet tooth.
These cookies do just that and they are so delicious and yes, you can...um...eat ...just three...
This recipe was adapted from: tasteofhome.com . Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
Makes 2 dozen .


Ingredients

1 cup butter softened
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts/ coarsely chopped

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, and salt, mix well. Set aside.
In a large bowl with a mixer blend sugars at medium speed
Add butter and mix to until it forms a  paste
Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thoroughly mixed
Add the flour mixture, nuts, and white chocolate chips
Use a rounded coffee scoop and drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet
Bake 10-12 minutes
Place on a cooling rack
Freeze by three!



No comments: