Tuesday, January 6, 2015

No Beans Chili Dip


 There are so many versions of this dip online.
 I have been making it for so long that my recipe is ingrained in my brain for years to come.
The chips you use are as important as the dip. I used the regular tortilla chips and then keeping with my getting fitter lifestyle changes, I added multigrain  tortilla chips as well. Both styles of chips were a big hit!

Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
1 package chili seasoning mix
1/2 cup water
1 can  diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can chili sauce, no beans
1 block Velveeta


Directions
Brown hamburger in large saucepan over medium heat
Add chili seasoning, water, and the tomatoes and green chilies, simmer for 5 minutes
Add the chili/no beans, and simmer for 5 more minutes
Cut Velveeta into chunks and melt in a microwave safe glass bowl
in the microwave 1 minute at a time while stirring
Once the cheese is fully melted, add the hamburger mixture and stir thoroughly

This dip is good hot or cold!

No comments: