Total time: Prep/Total Time : 25 min.
2 tilapia fillets (fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice (fresh or concentrated)
2 tablespoons basil (fresh or in a jar)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons of savory (fresh or in a jar)
1. Place the fish fillets in a glass dish with a lid.
2. Mix all the other ingredients together,
3. Use a cooking brush and generously brush both sides of the fish with the sauce .
4. Let marinade in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
5. Lightly brush your grill with olive oil or put fish in a grill dish made for cooking fish.
6. Grill, covered, over medium heat until fish flakes easily and is not opaque in color. We like 7 minutes on each side.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Total Time : Prep- 10 min/ cook- 10 min
4 oz, of rotini or bow-tie noodles
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup diced sweet vidalia onion
8 cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon of Mediterranean grill
1. Bring a medium pot of water with olive added to a boil. Add the pasta of your choice and cook for 10 minutes; drain.
2. Mix together your remaining ingredients and toss with the pasta.
3. Put in a covered dish and place in refrigerator.
4. This is a dish that tastes better cold.
Total Time: prep/total time: 10 minutes
Many types of vegetables and fruit are great cooked on the grill. Today's recipe consist of:
1 large red tomato
1 large sweet vidalia onion
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
1 teaspoon of chopped basil
A sprinkle of crushed red pepper
A sprinkle of black pepper
Skewers/ wooden or metal
1. If you are using wooden skewers be sure to soak in water for 10 minutes before placing on grill.
2. Mix all spices with the olive oil.
3. Thread the vegetables onto the skewers.
3. Brush and coat the vegetables.
4. Place directly onto the grill on medium heat and cook on each side to a golden brown. We like to cook most of our vegetables 3- 4 minutes per side.
Total Time: 10 minutes
I try to use seasonal fruit purchased from a farmers market as much as possible.
2 cups diced cantaloupe
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh strawberries/ halved
When you use a cantaloupe for just two people who have to plan meals for the next few days using the leftover cantaloupe. Blueberries and strawberries freeze well, and can be thawed at room temperature and added to the recipe at the time you plan to eat.
Fruit is pleasing to the eye and to your palette when it is dished up in a pretty dish!