We do a Sam's Club run for groceries once a month. This helps us manage our food budget so much better. We only shop locally for produce and necessities.
Bountiful Garden Omelet, Whole Wheat Pancakes With Blueberries,Turkey Bacon , And Fresh Tomatoes
Bountiful Garden Omelet
Cooking Time:Prep/15 min/ cook 15 min
4 eggs (allow to reach room temperature)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon marjoram
A pinch of parsley
1/2 cup fresh or frozen broccoli
1/2 cup green peppers
1 6oz can drained mushrooms
1 cup diced sweet vidalia onion
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup cheddar cheese ( my husbands choice)
Healthy Way Canola Cooking Spray
1 Omelet Pan ( can pick up for around 10 dollars and easier to use)
1. Spray a small frying pan with the cooking spray.
2. Saute the mushrooms, broccoli, green peppers, and onions until brown. Set aside.
3. Crack the eggs in a mixing bowl.
4. Beat well with a whisk.
5. Add your herbs and seasonings.
6. Have all your filling ingredients near your stove.
7. Spray your pan and heat on medium.
8. Add the egg mixture eventually to both sides of the pan.
9. When the eggs are set and doesn't jiggle in the pan it is time to add all the the fillings,
except for the cheese. Add the cheese right before you flip the two sides together.
10. Remove from heat and transfer to your serving plate.
Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries
These are simply the best!
We add a teaspoon of honey, or a sugar-free jelly, or a sugar substitute to our fruit as a topping.
Cook as directed.
Garnish with slices of vine-ripe tomatoes sprinkled with pepper, thyme, and parsley. If you must, add just a dash of salt.
Tomorrow's Blog: Lets Start Drinking!